Looking for a low calorie way to satisfy your buffalo craving? This salad offers buffalo satisfaction, without any of the guilt!
1 small head green leaf lettuce, washed and thinly sliced
1 medium tomato, diced
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
2-4 TBS Moore's or Beef O' Brady's buffalo sauce
Avocado or olive oil
1 southwest seasoning blend. (I love this one above, from FreshJax. They're a family owned business out of Jacksonville, FL. I grabbed this spice blend variety pack off of Amazon and we have loved all the blends. They're organic and very tasty. Here's my affiliate link for the spices, if you want to check them out. They sell them as a set, or individually. )
Preheat Oven 350
1) Drain garbanzo beans.
2) Place paper towels in an empty bowl and dump the garbanzo beans into it. Gather the paper towel ends together and gently squeeze to remove the excess moisture. Remove and discard the paper towel. Add a little garlic powder and crushed black pepper to the garbanzo beans and stir.
3) Rub down a cookie sheet with oil. Spread the garbanzo beans into a thin layer across the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with southwest seasoning.
4) Bake garbanzo beans for about 20 minutes, or until beans are firm.
5) Meanwhile, wash and chop the lettuce and tomato.
6) Once the garbanzo beans are done, mix them with 2-4 TBS buffalo sauce.
7) Build your salad, top with 1/2 cup of the buffalo garbanzo beans, croutons, and a little ranch if you like.
If you use 1/2 a cup of garbanzo beans, 1/2 a medium sized tomato, and measure out a 30 calorie serving of croutons, this salad is approximately 173 calories. If you use Ranch of Blue Cheese dressing, those calories will need to be factored in.